Friday, June 9, 2017

Summer begins

“Summer afternoon....To me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.”  ~Henry James
Cindy La Ferle

Is there anything more hopeful than the start of another summer season? I'm a bit ahead of myself, I know, because the Summer Solstice falls on June 21st. But for most of us, summer kicks off on Memorial Day weekend.


Cindy La Ferle
With beautiful weather in the forecast last Friday, Doug and I drove up to Glen Arbor, a charming resort town on Lake Michigan, where I took these photos outside the entrance to the  Bay Lavender Trading Co. Complete with its welcoming "Open" sign and a basket filled with colorful annuals, the bicycle is a harbinger of summer -- and I look forward to seeing it every year in June. Let the season begin! ~CL

No comments:

Post a Comment