Friday, July 21, 2017

Getting through rocky times

"No part of your experience is wasted. Everything you've experienced so far is part of what you were meant to learn." ~Martha Beck
Cindy La Ferle

The past two weeks have been a challenge for me. A couple of recurring health issues have come back to haunt me, the least of which is skin cancer that will require the talents of an ophthalmic surgeon next month. For the sake of brevity, I'll just say I've seen more doctors than I'd like to this summer.

But here's the thing. As we age -- and even when we do our very best to take care of ourselves -- stuff happens that isn't in our complete control. To meet these challenges, we're wise to draw courage from our previous experiences, seek the comfort and counsel of close friends, and know that this, too, shall pass.  ~CL



No comments:

Post a Comment